Department of Education and Training Trading as Education Queensland International CRICOS Provider Code: 00608A
Homestay families provide the opportunity for visiting students to practice their English conversational skills and learn about Australian culture in a secure and caring home environment. International students develop lasting friendships with their host families.
- host international students for short or long stays (from a few weeks to several years)
- are carefully chosen from the school community
- are committed to providing the best experience for the student
- must have a current Blue Card from CCYPCG
- provide visiting students with their own room with study facilities, three meals each day and access to transport to and from school and school-related activities
- receive payment for the accommodation they provide.
- are responsible for all costs of transportation to and from school and recreational activities
- can be placed in a host family with another international student of a different nationality.
For more information on becoming a homestay provider, visit the EQI website.
Contact the Homestay Coordinator,
Heidi Imbrogno by email or call (07) 5453 3222.