Chancellor State College welcomes study tours to the Sunshine Coast. Our staff have extensive experience in tour organisation and have previously hosted study tours from China, Italy, Japan and Taiwan. We have staff able to communicate in a variety of languages including Chinese, German, Japanese, Italian and Portugese to name a few.
Study tours usually include:
- ESL (English as a Second Language) lessons and activities
- Cultural activities – Indigenous culture and cooking classes
- Sport activities such as beach volleyball on our competition standard courts
- Integrated lessons with 'school buddies' experiencing study in Australia
- Excursions to local attractions such as Eumundi Markets to experience Australian arts, crafts, food and culture
- Local trips on the Sunshine Coast with our host families
Robotics study tours
With its successful robotics program Chancellor State College offers a unique experience for International Study Tours. Our robotics programs have led to our teams becoming Australian and world champions and our experienced staff can tailor a program from introductory level through to world competition standard.
A study group of students from Hong Wen, Taiwan, spent two weeks on a robotics study tour at Chancellor State College. Students were taught about robotics components, coding and computational thinking. They built robots that could navigate mazes, avoid obstacles, play music, display graphics and respond to voice commands. Students used their learning to engineer battling robots to compete in a culminating Sumo Robotics Challenge. We look forward to receiving more international students taking part in Robotics study tours at Chancellor.